Wednesday, January 25, 2017

California Trip

I drove up to California!! All by myself! Well, on the way up, I had Lowell's mom with me, but I did all the driving. We dropped her off in Stockton and then continued on to Calaveras County.

In the 100 hours we were gone from Arizona, I drove 31 of them. I only slept 29 of them!!! The rest of the time was spent with family. That was the intent of the trip - just family. Mission accomplished. :)

Next goal is to take the whole family back up in May for the 75th anniversary of Miss Calaveras. Looking forward to spending more than just the weekend that time and possibly seeing friends!!

 Mamie and me - She's 93 and a half, with Chloe and Wyatt at

Big Trees in the Snow!! We didn't see the recently fallen drive-thru tree (soooo sad!!!!) but we did see the Stump. There were soo many people there - maybe because of the four day weekend, maybe because of the fallen tree - but it was difficult just finding a parking spot. Mamie spent most of the time in the museum and watching out the window and we weren't prepared to be traipsing around in the snow too much.


                                                                                                                 Uncle Tyke and me


Chloe and Grammie and me. Love her!!! So, so awesome getting to see and spend time with family who I haven't seen in much too long and for Chloe and Wyatt to meet people they either didn't know or don't remember. As usual, there wasn't enough time - but we are looking forward to May. Chloe really wants to spend time with her sewing machine and Grammie and Nathan wants to go shooting with the boys and Pappy. That is in the works. I'm looking forward to showing them fair too. I hope they will enjoy it, although it is, sadly, a much different experience now than it was when I was a child. I hope they're not disappointed! :)

Put it on your calendars!! See you at fair 2017!!

No comments: