Thursday, April 30, 2015

Jillian at the 2015 TOPA Talent Show

 

So proud of this girl!!!!! Jillian chose to participate in the talent show again this year and, again, wanted to sing. She is so passionate about singing and music. The song she chose also has a message she is passionate about. It is by Dove Cameron and called "What A Girl Is". The song sends the message that all girls are perfect just as they are and don't need to conform to someone else's idea of beauty.
Here are some of the lyrics:
"On a scale of 1-10, I am perfect like I am.
And the stupid magazines want me to change my everything.
It don't even matter, they're not taking my power.
I'm so over all these voices around, they've said enough its my turn, lets get loud!

I'll show you what a girl is, cause all of me is perfect.
Who cares about the dress size, its all about what's inside.
I'll stand up now, and won't back down.
We're breaking through the surface, to show you what a girl is."

She didn't get to sing the whole song because of the two minute time limit given to each act, but she did a great job!!

No comments: