Monday, January 12, 2009

The first two weeks of the year

Hard to believe that its been almost two weeks since I've blogged... Time flies when you're having fun! :) During these busy days, I've done a lot of the normal wife stuff - cleaning, taking care of the kids - especially during the two weeks off from school - and, of course, I had my birthday! :) It was a fun day - just the five of us. I had to work in the morning and then Lowell picked me up and took me to the grocery store to let me pick out my birthday cake. I must say I was disappointed with the grocery store. They only offer white cake or chocolate cake. My favorite is yellow... Anyway, the thought was very appreciated. He also bought an "easy dinner" so that I didn't have to cook on my birthday! It was very sweet. Also, I have been needing a hair cut because of split ends (thank you wood burning stove) and so I'd almost convinced Lowell to cut my hair for me... Instead, later that night, he told me that I should just go get my hair cut as a birthday present. He knows that I like my hair short, but out of repsect for him, I've let it grow out again. He really likes it long. So, I went and got it cut. When I walked in the door he said, "Cute. You can go shorter." *smile* Love my husband. So, the next day, I went again and asked the gal to cut some more off... Pretty dramatic results! Today was the first day that I've been with friends since then and I got too many compliments to count! I finally stopped by the stylists shop and picked up some of her cards to hand them out to people who commented on it. :) Easy advertising! The color (I did myself) was supposed to be brown with a hint of red but turned out to be red with a hint of purple... Lowell called me Barney. :) I like it, even the color! I'll post a picture are soon as I can! :)

Chloe's friend Samantha had her first sleepover here this weekend... She made it to 5 o'clock in the morning and then we had to call mom. She is very shy and doesn't have a lot of friends. Mainly its just Chloe. Chloe was really sad that she went home but they had a really good time together! Chloe has stayed at her house a couple of times before. They're very cute together and I'm sorry that Chloe will be moving away from such a good friend.

Speaking of moving, we're taking another trip to Arizona next week. This time we're taking the whole family. This should be an adventure! :) We're going to really try to get Lowell a job and to show the kids around to get them excited about moving. Please be praying with us for Lowell to get a job - the job that will provide enough money for us, but also a job that will allow him to enjoy his job. Depending on what we learn on this trip, our move time could be sooner than we expected. We are hoping for it to be sooner because of Lowell's work conditions... He's really miserable as I've shared before... However, God is taking care of us as He always does... His boss is gone for a couple of days. It's a nice break for Lowell. :) On the other hand, I'm hoping that we stick to our original plan of leaving in July because that will let the kids and I get done with school before moving. Right now, we're just praying for God's will to be done and for us to be flexible and understanding and trusting of His plans for us. I'm excited about our trip! I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying. Hang in there! Hugs, ~R~

jesuslovesgiraffes said...

Thanks Rach!