Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Soooo Blessed

Again I am reminded about just how blessed I am by my husband and my kids... Last night Chloe threw up before she fell asleep... she made it to the bathroom but she was just feeling yucky all evening. Jillie threw up in the middle of the night, twice. She came and woke me up and I cleaned everything up and changed the bedding and got her situated on the couch with a trash can. Then I fell asleep again for a little while. In the morning, she came to me and said, "Thanks Mom for all you did for me last night." How completely precious!!!
Chloe, this morning, had a little break down. She was crying and upset and really didn't know why. She didn't want to go to school... This is not the first time she's mentioned that she didn't want to go to school and I've asked her about how things at school are.. Does she have friends? (Of course) Is she struggling with her school work? (Of course not) Does she like her teacher? (very much) Is there someone who isn't being nice to her? (No..) She couldn't articulate why, but she just didn't want to go to school. The last couple of times she's mentioned it, I've kind of passed it off and said that 'school is important and so you need to go'... This morning, I laid with her on the bed and let her cry and tried to get an idea of what is going on with her. We finally established that she just doesn't know why, but she wants a break. So, I gave her a break. She stayed home today. This afternoon, Jillie fell asleep on the couch and awoke with a fever of 102 and she was crying because of a headache. I ran to the store to get some meds and when I came home, Chloe was sitting by her on the couch, rubbing her head and reading her a book to help her feel better. Such a sweetheart!!!
And my husband... Well, I am so spoiled!!! :) Today involved chocolate, a solar powered key-chain that flashes "I (heart) You" over and over again, a massage and a nap... What on earth could be better than that!??!!? Thank you, Lord for my wonderful family. And thank you for not letting me take them for granted! :)

No comments: