Thursday, March 12, 2009

A New Addition to Our Family

Yesterday was a big day! We bought a truck. This was not an easy decision and came only after much prayer and seeking of counsel... When we discussed it, it was aparent that we will definitely need a vehicle that is in good working condition before we move... That much we've known for awhile... And we got our tax return that we've been planning on using to help us move. Well, the cars that we have would have to have a significant amount of money dumped into them before they were ready to make the trek to Phoenix... And, in all honesty, they really don't deserve to have money dumped into them because they are basically ready to die. They aren't worth spending any money on... So, we've been agonizing about what to do. Then, Lowell wanted me to look online and see about transmission prices for the Suburban and an engine for an Explorer that we have access to... And low and behold, I found a complete truck that fit into our budget... So I asked Lowell about it, called the guy to see if he still had it and to find out what was wrong with it... And it turns out that the damage was all cosmetic and that it had only been listed for 20 minutes!!! He had literally just put it on Craigslist..... And sure enough, we found out later, someone called right after us and offered to give the guy more than he was asking just to not sell it to us! So we made the trek to Gilroy (3 hours away) to look at it... At we drove it home. Lowell was so wonderful about it... And he made me so proud! The whole way down he was really seeking God's will and desiring to listen to His direction. I love hearing my husband say "I just want to do what He wants me to". :) :) :) :) What more could a girl ask for??!??!!?? Oh, by the way, did I mention that this truck is a 98 Dogde diesel, quad cab (meaning it has 4 doors) and its a dually (two wheels on both sides in the back).... Oh, and its a stick... And its for me! this is my new family "car". :) And I don't know how to drive a stick. yet. Lowell is going to teach me, and he wants me to learn by Saturday so that I can drive it to Jillian's birthday party!!! :) (That was a prayer request if you missed it!!! :))
Also, I wanted to share with you a new song that I recently learned... It's beautiful and I love the message.. "Its all about you, Jesus. And all this is for You. Its not about me. That You should do things my way. You alone are God and I surrender to Your ways." check it out... :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-ZdMOx_HY&feature=related

No comments: