Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tired but hopeful

Well, there haven't been many big things happen lately. We've been working with the cat, who we've discovered got bitten instead of broken. So I'm trying to keep his medicine on him without him pulling his bandage off and without going to the vet and getting a satellite put on his neck. We've had quite a few snow storms and some bad weather but its all been for good - California needs the water, and Lowell's job really benefits from the snow for sure! I have finished my second to last quarter and I'm in the middle of my week break before starting my experimental psychology class - the one I have to take and interpretating the bible for youth - I don't have to take it but I thought, if its anything like its name, it'll be great for the kids.
I have senior-itis really, really badly and I'm hoping that I can stay focused for these classes. I have to get about $325 together for my books and for graduation.. Graduation... That's quite an idea.. :) As of now, I'm hesitant to even begin my masters because I'm struggling with having motivation with just my bachelors classes... I'm told that possibly my medicine could be at an incorrect level and when it gets fixed, I may feel better. I'm going to have an MRI and another EEG also. I'll let you know when I get the results from my tests. I had my blood drawn today and I'll have the other tests as soon as my insurance oks them. I'm praying that fixing my meds will fix my lack of energy because I'm just tired of being tired... I don't think everyone else is this tired, are they? Are you? I can barely get myself out of bed in the morning and I can hardly function at about 3 in the afternoon... I feel like I need a nap, but if I take one, I don't feel any better when I wake up. I just want to go back to sleep. Granted, not every day is like this.. But definitely more so than should be...
All that aside, Lowell and I have decided to make Tuesday our day. I've cancelled all my other commitments and we have set aside the morning time, when the kids are at school, to just be together. Yesterday was the first day, and it was really nice... Its nice just to have us time, even if it is only a couple of hours - I'll take him whenever I can get him! :)
I have a project in the works for Chloe's teacher. I saw it in a family magazine. It's a tub or a jar that is filled with paper hearts. The plan is to send a few hearts home with each child and ask the parents to work with their kids and write something that they appreciate about Mrs. McCracken. I just have to find a day where she's not at school so that I can send the hearts home without her knowing about it.
Also, I'm asking for prayer about our move. So far we haven't heard about any job prospects and we are trying to live on faith. We really believe that God wants us to move so.... Faith. :)

1 comment:

theKband said...

faith in God and time with your husband. good things to pursue when you're waitng......