Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Woman's Work

This has been a very exciting and yet scary time for us. We're getting closer to the moving day... And the kids are starting to feel anxious about it. We sat down together last night and made a countdown calendar. I think it made moving more real for Nathan especially... He got a little emotional and was concerned about missing his friends. It made things a little more real for me, too... We have 22 days. 22 days. 22 DAYS!!! (That doesn't include Easter day because we're not going to be home and it also doesn't include Saturday the 18th because that's a party day.) Speaking of party, we're going to have a big birthday party for both Nathan and Chloe and also a sort of going away party on the 18th. I'm excited about being able to get everyone together one last time before we go. I'm hoping it will be a well attended event... And won't involve too many tears.
School is going well. I'm really liking my classes and I'm doing well in them. I am staying on time with my assignments and I'm not feeling overwhelmed. Yet. :) I'm also doing a lot of packing. It still seems like moving is so far away that I'm hesitant to pack the things that we use frequently like the kids movies and toys... But soon those things are going to have to start going away.
Susanna, the lady I work for, is sad about us leaving. I'm hoping that I have a replacement for myself by the time I leave. She is making a lot of progress and I don't want to interrupt that. I'm taking the kids down to her house on Friday and we're going to color eggs for Easter. She enjoys spending time with the kids and I'm glad that we've been able to work together for these past months.
We got some more information about Lowell's job. They have decided to eliminate his position for the time being, so they won't be re-hiring him. (Also, they can't really re-hire him without opening themselves up for a lawsuit for unlawful firing.) Oh, they also fired his boss. At least Lowell won't have to worry about people calling there for a reference and hearing lots of incorrect, slanderous things about him. And it will be a better working condition for whoever works there next. Now if we can only get an unemployment check...
Today I'm off to town to get parts for our car trailer. Lowell is going through the cars and getting them ready to make the trek to Phoenix and then he's going to tackle the garage. I don't envy him this task because, if you've never seen our garage.. Well, just imagine a huge building stuffed with stuff. Stuffed. And not organized at all. Lucky Lowell. :)
My daddy has offered to help us move. I'm sure we'll need him to help load boxes and furniture but I'm also hoping to ask him to drive for us. I think we're going to take a little U-Haul in addition to the truck and trailor and I'm hoping that he'll drive it. For one thing, I really want him to see where we're going so that he can be more convinced to move down there with us, but for another thing - I don't want to drive it! :) We'll see how it goes... I'm sure God has it all worked out. Well, back to homework and cleaning... A woman's work is never done. :)

No comments: