Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring

Spring has sprung in Arizona! There are wildflowers by the side of the freeway and the weather is consistently in the mid to upper 70s. We bought a kite, bubbles, a hula hoop and a football. We’ve been spending a couple hours a day at the park and we all have new summer shoes! Nathan got fun silver flip-flops, Chloe got cute little white sandals with a rainbow flower on the top, Jillie got Tinkerbell flip-flops and, well, Mom needed some summer shoes for work, right? J
In addition to bringing warmer weather and more color to the desert, Spring also brings Easter. I am sad that we are not going to be able to continue with our tradition of going to Gramma Hippo’s house for an egg hunt. We are going to have our own hunt at the park but it definitely won’t be the same. Miss you, Gram!
A new experience for this Easter was suggested by our pastor at church last week. He encouraged us to use the Easter season to invite people in our neighborhoods to meet Jesus. So we picked up some door hangers from the table outside the sanctuary and we're all set to walk around the neighborhood tomorrow and pass them out. We already invited our next door neighboors. I have to say that while I'm glad they're friendly and seem really "normal", I have to say that I'm a little intimidated! They homeschool and they have 6 children - and all the kids are great!! Mom stays home and teaches the kids - well, she did until this year. The kids just started public school. One of the daughters plays competitive softball and they travel around with her... I have my assumptions about them, and I have to say that I feel a little inadequate! I haven't been in their house yet, but I can almost guarantee you that their house is cleaner than mine... And I am jealous of the fact that the mom stays home with the kids.. I'm working on reminding myself that God has placed me where I am for a reason and that I'm being obedient to the plan that God has for me. And I'm trying to be confident that what I'm doing is enough. Trying is the operative word here... :)

No comments: