Friday, March 26, 2010

Such Blessings





Yesterday I had a wonderful experience… As I always do when I’m driving, I had the radio tuned to KLove. The kids were talking, laughing, fighting and just being themselves… And then “Here I Am to Worship” came on the radio. Immediately, the conversations stopped and all three voices in my backseat starting singing along. For a little while, we all sang together about coming before the Throne of the King and bowing down in humble worship… Then I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the little arms of my 5 year old raised toward her Lord. I know that she has seen this modeled at church and I doubt she even knows why she did it… But that’s okay. She’s learning how to worship, how to pray, and how to love God. They all are. And these moments are perfect teaching opportunities for me to tell them about my walk with God, and to answer their questions about Him. I am so blessed that we’ve found a church that will nurture them and will teach them in a place where they feel comfortable and are excited to go.
Shortly after this was the conversation, “Look, the ice cream truck!” “I wish all cars were the ice cream truck. Except ours of course.”

No comments: