Thursday, June 17, 2010

Quote

A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ, that a man should have to seek Him first to find her ~ Maya Angelou
This quote was attached to an email I got from the my volunteer leader at church. Isn't it fabulous?!! I want this to be true of both of my girls. I pray that their first love will be Christ and that He will draw them together with a man who loves Him just as much as they do.
Since my girls are only 7 and 5, you might be asking why I'm even thinking about their husbands. Well, first of all because I believe that I have to be a good model of loving Christ for them and also that Lowell is a model for them to watch of the type of man to marry. Also, I've already begun praying for their future spouses - Chloe and Jillian's husbands as well as Nathan's wife. I am praying for them to keep their hearts turned to God and to remain pure - just like I'm praying for my own kids.
An additional reason why marriage is on my mind today is because this is my 10 year wedding anniversary. It seems like so long ago... I have such good memories of that day... My wonderful friends made the day so special for me. We had friends who came from Washington, Colorado, New Hampshire, Oregon, Nevada and Arizona at our wedding! We are so blessed!!! And we had family members who really pitched in with sweat equity to help make our day possible. It was a beautiful day.
Mostly, however, that day was perfect because of the man that I married. I'm so thankful for my husband. I have been blessed with a man who loves me absolutely unconditionally. He has stuck with me through all - we've been poor, I've been sick, we've had three (beautiful) kids, we've moved and moved and moved... And we're still together. And he still loves me.
Lowell is giving and thoughtful, he's playful and a wonderful father... He's committed and honest and a Godly man. I am sooo blessed.

2 comments:

Stony and Brit said...

Oh my gosh! It does not seem like 10 years ago. Is that even possible? Happy Anniversary!!!!

jesuslovesgiraffes said...

Thank you, MRE! Miss you!