Friday, November 26, 2010

An Uncommon Thanksgiving

Today is Black Friday. I'm not shopping. I really don't have the money to go and hit all the stores - even if everything is on sale. I think I'm going to be shopping at yard sales, thrift stores and the like this year... And that's okay with me. I already got something for my husband and for Nathan that I'm excited about! :)
Yesterday I worked. It was a good day - productive and fun. And I was blessed by the volunteers to be able to take home 5 plates - enough for my whole family!!! So, we actually got to eat Thanksgiving dinner yesterday after all! :) The kids enjoyed their little feast and I loved that I didn't have to cook at all. The only part missing from our feast was the pie. Today I'll be stopping by the store to get a pie crust and tomorrow we're going to make pumpkin pie. Then our Thanksgiving will be complete!!! :)
I really do have soooo much to be thankful for.... A lot of the things I'm grateful for are listed on the side of my blog because I want to maintain an attitude of thankfulness all year long. Recently however, I've been extra specially blessed by my church family, my boss, and my Moron. I'm thankful for you!! :)
My children went around the table and shared what they were thankful for last night: Jillian said, God and then added her family and friends; Nathan said food; and Chloe said her daddy.
Before we sat down to eat, we went to look at a place to rent. My fingers are crossed that we are able to move into this place -- I think it would be great because it has so much more space - outside and inside. I'm confident that God will provide something for us, whether its this place or not. My one thought is that I'd like to move soon so that I can decorate for Christmas. :) I'm looking forward to decorating... and I'll post pictures as soon as we move/decorate! :)

No comments: