Saturday, July 23, 2011

Overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed. In the course of my normal day at work, I log on and off of the computer numerous times. It seems like each time I logged onto the Internet today, I was struck in the face by a new disaster. Granted, some of them happened in the past two or three days, but the sheer amount of bad news was overwhelming today. From the horrible attack in Norway to the sad news of yet another celebrity overdose to more drama about the debt situation to innumerable sex scandals and allegations of impropriety and improper acts with children... There is also the incredible heat wave, another earthquake in Japan, reoccurring cases of huge groups of animals dying, car accidents, train accidents... It just goes on and on. And that's just the national news - that doesn't include all the smaller scale disasters that are happening in my backyard...  It is, well, overwhelming.
I am extra thankful that tonight is church and that I can refocus on the power of our all-powerful, God who is in control of everything - disasters included.

No comments: