Friday, August 5, 2011

Update

It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged. I’ve logged on a few times and checked for comments and felt that there was so much that I should write about… And then immediately logged off because I didn’t even know where to begin.


I still don’t know where to begin.

Wyatt is doing great. He’s due for his 2 month shots this week. I’m not looking forward to that but I am anxious to find out how much he weighs. His schedule has been hit and miss; some days he will sleep 6 hours at a time and others where he wakes up every 2 hours. He’s doing a great job holding up his head and has starting cooing and smiling. He is definitely a mama’s boy, preferring my company to anyone else’s. He’s also at the stage where he physically can’t move himself, but he doesn’t want to be immobile either. He will cry so that we will prop him up into a sitting position or cry to be held in front of someone as they walk around. He wants to be big so bad.

The bigger kids still love him and enjoy helping me take care of him. Jillian has learned how to change a diaper and loves that “privilege”. Chloe does a great job overall – she changes him, answers his cries, feeds and burps him… She’s a huge help for Lowell when he’s sleepy and responsible for Wyatt. Nathan treats him a little like a pet – he ohhhs and awwws over how cute Wyatt is and likes to snug with him, but doesn’t want to do any of the jobs that contain the possibility of yuckiness. Nathan does not want to be puked or peed on, and I don’t suppose I can blame him, however he did change a poopie diaper the other day. Without even being asked. Way to go Big Brother!

The bigger kids are getting a little stir crazy. The first day of school is August 22nd. They had a sleepover last week and then Nathan had a sleepover birthday party. We’re going to have some girls over Sunday night for the girls. We haven’t been back to the pool but I’m really hoping we can in the next week or so. Its really hard to get them to have the amount of physical activity they need every day because its just so hot. Another factor that makes it difficult is that I can’t go outside with them because there is no way for me to watch the baby and be outside at the same time. We don’t have a monitor yet so I have to stay inside with him, or make frequent trips back inside to be sure that he’s okay. That doesn’t allow me to play any games with them or to get involved in any outside projects. Because of them being inside so much, they have started to get on each other’s nerves and have begun to fight. I can’t begin to tell you how many disagreements I’ve refereed in the past couple weeks. I have been amazed at just what can start a fight and baffled at how to get them to stop. I still haven’t quite figured it out… I can’t wait for school to start.

Speaking of school, my practicum starts on August 12th because that is when school starts at the parochial school where I’ll be working. I’m pretty nervous… I think I’m mainly scared that I’ll find out that I’m not good at what I’ve been working so hard to do. On the plus side, we will be getting internet at home again because I have to have it for school. I don’t know when exactly, but at least we’ll have some sort of internet at home!

We have a missing kitty. Indy, our white cat has disappeared again. I still haven’t given up hope that he’ll show up again. This isn’t the first time he’s disappeared and he was gone longer than this last time… There have been quite a few nights when I’ve had to comfort the kids because they are worried about Indy. I'm still waiting to see how Lowell decides to handle this. I'm pretty sure he'll come home one of these days very soon with a kitten. I hope it's a gray one - I already have a name picked out -- Cinder.
The name comes from a new series of books that Nathan is addicted to -- Warriors. Its about different families or clans of cats and their adventures. We've had to go to the library 3 times over the past two weeks to get the next books in the series. I love that my bibliophile status has passed to the kids. They all participated in the summer reading program at our local library and each earned a free book. We ordered them yesterday and they are anxiously awaiting their arrival. :) I had to tell them three times that there is no mail on Sunday. Hopefully they will come Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look for a baby monitor to be coming Tuesday night or Wednesday