Monday, July 12, 2010

Fear Becomes Peace

I have been struggling for quite awhile with the fear of losing my kids. I've been afraid of something happening to them, of them getting hurt, being taken, having their hearts broken or a million of other things, but my ultimate fear is of losing them completely. I've been terrified that I would lose one or more of my children and I didn't know how I could deal with that loss.
My fear was always about the physical and emotional pain, but I also realized that this fear had a spiritual component. I knew that my incredible fear about my children was a lack of trust in God. There's a quote on the side of my blog that says,
"We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.
- C. S. Lewis"
This was always my fear, that it would be in my best interest to go through the pain of losing a child. I know that God has a plan for me, but I was really afraid of the pain.
That being said, I am still afraid of the pain that would come if I were to lose one of my children. However, I have made peace with the fear.
Yesterday, I invited one of my friends to come with me to church. She came. And she accepted Christ. I was so excited that I called Lowell on my way home.
When I hung up the phone, Nathan asked me what I meant by "she accepted Christ". So I explained to all of them about asking Jesus to live in your heart. I reminded them that once they've done it, they don't need to do it again - its sealed in heaven. But I also told them that if they weren't sure that they'd asked Jesus to live in their hearts, that it was super easy and that we could pray right there on the freeway...
If you want to ask Jesus to come into your heart, all you have to do is ask Him. "Jesus, I know that I've made mistakes in my life and that I need You to forgive me. I believe that You died for my sins and that You love me. I want you to come into my heart and help me live my life for You. Thank you for saving me."
At that moment, I told them, they were saved - and there is no way to get un-saved. And at that moment, I found peace.
If I do lose one of my children, from now on, I haven't really lost them because I get them for eternity! I will be with my children forever, regardless of what the future holds! That was a wonderful moment.

Thank you Lord for being the leader of my life and for the sacrifice You made to bring me into a relationship with You. And thank you, so much, for the promise that once we're saved, nothing came separate us from Your love!

No comments: