Wednesday, January 4, 2012

From Tears to Joy

I spent much of the day wanting to cry. Not really for any specific reason, just an overall feeling of sadness. My clients today were full of terrible stories, listlessness and depression. And I was quick to judge myself harshly on all my foibles and mistakes. On the drive home, I thought seriously about trying to make myself cry but it just never happened... At home, the kids said hello and then asked to go play with their friends across the street. With some time to myself, I cleaned up the house and had some peacefulness... And then Wyatt woke up and I snuggled with my little man... And somewhere, somehow, my sadness faded. I made dinner and the kids and I laughed and ate together. And then, totally unplanned, I put in a RedBox movie and Lowell just happened to wake up so he watched it with us. It was a really good movie and we enjoyed the family time together. So, tonight -- I'm thankful for Mr. Poppers Penguins and my wonderful family.

1 comment:

Stony and Brit said...

I think that means your heart is full of joy...