Sunday, April 6, 2008

Haircuts and humility

Chloe's best friend Samantha has short hair and Chloe has been bugging me to cut her hair. Finally we talked it over with Daddy and decided that we'd go for it. Now she has a cute little bob and I have to admit, I really like it. :) It got scary though... Jillian wanted me to cut her hair too. She has beautiful curls but the top of her hair is a train wreck. It's short and messy and impossible. So, Lowell convinced me to go for it. I am petrified that her curls will go away, but she wanted it done and so - snip. Off they came... And now we'll see if they return as it grows. I'll keep you posted. :)
The kids and I went yard sale-ing yesterday. The kids had a good time but they got tired of being in and out of the car all day. We were discussing how Mom asks them to stay close and not talk to strangers and then at the next yard sale, of course, Nathan ran off to see something interesting. "Why do you keep refusing to do what I ask you to? I'm trying to keep you safe Honey!" As soon as the words were out of my mouth, the Holy Spirit spoke. "Rani, why don't you listen when I tell you to do something. Or to not do something. Don't you think I'm only seeking the best for you? And don't I know what is best for My children, even more than you do?"
Isn't is wonderful having a God who loves us enough to be personally involved in our lives and who doesn't give up on us or get angry at us when we disobey? More than that, He keeps reaching out. Keeps reminding us that He still loves us. "My grace is sufficient..." "My burden is easy and My yoke is light." We're so lucky.

No comments: