Sunday, April 6, 2008

New to the Blogging scene!


Well.. This is my foray into the blogging world and I'm excited! :) I'm hoping this will be a way for me to share all the fun things that happen in our world without calling my friends every couple of days and talking their ears off! :) I always feel like I have so much to say, and no one to say it to. This way I can send my thoughts out into cyberspace and feel like they're being heard by someone. :) So, welcome to my life! This is us.... Lowell is working at Bear Valley, our local ski resort. He loves the weather and isn't even sick of the snow yet but things are slowing down because of the coming warm months. He isn't a seasonal employee, but we just aren't making enough money. Especially because I'm not working right now. Well, not working at a job I get financially renumerated for! :) I work very hard at being the mom of three very active kids. Nathan is almost 6 and loving Kindergarten. Chloe is almost 5 and she adores preschool. Jillian just turned 3 and is so anxious to be into the realm of her schoolgoing "friends". That's what she calls her siblings, her friends. :)

Nathan is doing very well in school. He's so smart! He loves his teacher and his friends. And believe it or not, he loves homework! He likes the opportunity to show us what he's working on, and how much he's learned. I work in his classroom on Wednesdays. Thankfully, that's one of the days Lowell has off, and so I am able to stay for the whole day. I teach the math workshop (they've just started learning addition and subtraction) and then it's time for recess. Then I take the class to music and then we have social studies and lunch. It's such a blessing to be able to be part of the classroom with him.


In the beginning of the year, Chloe's best friend was Chyna. Chyna is deaf. And Chloe just adored her! She would talk to her like she could hear and they were inseperable. By Christmas, Chloe had learned quite a bit of sign language too. And then after Christmas break, we learned that Chyna was going to get choclear implants and would be moving to Oregon to go to a special school for the deaf. I was a little apprehensive because Chloe is pretty quiet.. She definitely isn't the leader of the group and so I wasn't sure who she would find to be friends with at this late stage in the year. Surprisingly enough, she found a new friend right away. Samantha is the most quiet, shy girl in the class and apparently, she adores Chloe. And so now, they are the best of friends. Chloe's teacher commented on how interesting it is that Chloe, being quiet, would gravitate to another quiet child because it doesn't ususally work that way. I'm thrilled nevertheless. I love that her heart leads her to reach out to those kids that have a little bit of a difficult time finding friends. Such a sweet girl!! :)


Jillian is spunky. And that's putting it mildly! She is outspoken and very strong willed. She will stomp her feet in anger, cross her arms and scowl at me when she's told to do something she doesn't want to. And yet somehow, she remains adorable through it all. I don't know how she manages! :) She has a firm grip on shapes, she knows how to count to 10 + and knows her ABCs. I've noticed that I haven't been as diligent with teaching her. I don't know if I'm just burnt out or if I'm counting on her learning from her siblings... I LOVE her voice. She's so stinkin cute! :) Even mischevious, she's wonderful! We are SSOOOOOOOO blessed!

1 comment:

theKband said...

Wohoo! Welcome to the blogging world! Very cute pictures of the kids! Your youngest is the same age of our oldest, so we'll learn alot about what's to come from your site. :)