Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm not nuts!

Well, this morning didn't start out very well - I locked myself out of my car and had to pay $50 to get the tow company to open my door! Can you believe it? $50?!?!??! Someone is getting rich! And I had a slim-jim kit in my trunk! (Because I'm supposed to be the mechanic's wife who is helping other people, right!?!?) Anyway, now I went to Walmart and got a magnetic hide-a-key.. Won't have that problem again! :) But, back to my news, I went to the neurologist today, and he said that my seizures are definitely not all in my head - they're not psychological. I'm actually sick. And he's ordered me an EEG and an MRI and I'm going to be on medication. (for the rest of my life!!) That may not sound like good news to some people, but when you've been told for almost 8 years that you're so crazy that you're making yourself pass out and that if you'd just get your act together, you'd get better.. And you've struggled to "get your act together" with no positive results... It feels wonderful to know that I'm actually sick. :) My doctor hasn't identified exactly what kind of epilepsy that I have, the eeg and the mri will do that, but for now, it's just such a relief to know that I'm not nuts!!! Praise Jesus! :) I feel like a burden has been lifted and I can finally breathe.... I'm not thrilled about being on medication - let me say that - and I absolutely can't get prego on this medicine because it can be very bad for a baby but I didn't want to get pregnant again anyway! And now I will start to feel better!!!! :) The only really common side effects of this drug are headache, naseau (Does anyone really know how to spell that word??) and lack of appetite. Ok, I'm thrilled about the lack of appetite and I can still take Advil, so, I'm good. Anyone who knows about my pregnancy with Nathan knows that I can handle nausea! :) So, praise Jesus for epilepsy! :) And for getting everything together so that I could finally go to the doctors. "All I have to offer is this fragile breath, but with each one I'll praise you!"

No comments: