Friday, January 1, 2010

Musings

I went to work today. And then I came home. I didn't realize that today was a holiday and that I didn't need to work. Well... So I took the kids to the park. :) A much better use of my time! :) I also took down the Christmas tree and cleaned up the living room. Usually taking down the decorations causes me to feel sad, but this year was different. I didn't feel bummed by the passing of the holidays and I didn't feel nostalgic about New Years either. I didn't feel the desire to look back over the year or to try to find meaning in the passing of events... Part of this change I blame on simply not having the time, but additionally, I think this new years finds me in a much better place than I have been as of late. My family is healthy, we are incredibly blessed financially, and our little family is doing really well. I just feel so much joy about my life and I feel so much gratitude for each and every day! I am so thankful for our lives and so honored to be living this life... So, instead of looking back, for the first time in awhile, I'm looking forward. And I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! :)

A huge part of my excitement for the new year comes from wanting to see what the future holds for my little angels... Lately, this little one has become my muse. I can't seem to get enough pictures of her... And I've been struggling to keep track of the little "Jillie-isms" that she brings to our world. When Jillian is around, there is always laughter. She is so adorable and so silly! :) Recently we've been calling her "I'm okay" because that's what we hear... Running, running, running - Bam! ..pause... "I'm okay!" Its so funny. She's such a klutz but she's tough. And she's so beautiful! I love photography anyway, but I'm so lucky to have such great models. Nathan is pretty sick of posing and is in that stage where he likes to be silly instead of handsome anyway, so most of my pictures are of Chloe and Jillian. These are some of the latest pics of my baby... Hard to imagine that my baby, my youngest, will be 5 in three months... FIVE!?!?!? You've gotta be kidding me! My little angels are growing too fast... Maybe I should be spending a little time looking back after all - time is going forward much too quickly!

1 comment:

Amanda Blockhus said...

Great photos! Love the one of her on the grass, beautiful shot.
ps: Happy Birthday my friend! I hope you find a wonderful way to celebrate.
Love, Amanda