Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Update and More Blessings

I don't know why I have this aversion to writing all of a sudden. It seems like sooo much effort to type up whats been going on around here. But that's just it - not much has been going on! Wyatt was dedicated at church last weekend. That was fantastic. Lowell came to church that Sunday to see it and then we went out to lunch with a friend of mine. Lowell has been working an insane amount of hours - 65-70 each week. We're saving up so that we can go on a mini weekend vacation before the end of the year. Lowell has two floating holidays that he has to take or else he will lose them and we had such a good time when we went to Tucson a few months ago that we're going to do it again. I'm currently working on figuring out who can watch the kids while we're gone. I'm parting them out to different houses and Wyatt will definitely be the most challenging...
Work is going well. I have clients that I really like and I feel like I'm making at least some progress with almost all of them. I do have one who makes me feel completely stuck; I just don't know what to do to help this person. And then I also have a client who was born the year I graduated high school. That made me feel pretty old. Lol.
The kids are doing really well. The big kids have their Christmas programs this week. Tonight was the girls'. They had a lot of fun and did fantastically. I am very proud of them. Nathan's parade is Saturday and then his concert is Tuesday. They are also working on Christmas projects and they have a holiday shoppe where they can buy little trinkets for their siblings, friends, family etc. at school.
As for me, I'm almost completely done Christmas shopping. I have a couple things I am ordering online that I haven't actually ordered yet and I have one more gift for Lowell to buy. Other than that, I'm done. Now comes the irritating part - waiting until Christmas so my family can open and enjoy the gifts I've been going all over town to get them! :)
Wyatt has become mobile. He doesn't exactly crawl yet, he "inchworms". He will pull up his legs and then slide his upper body forward. I don't believe this movement is specifically for the purpose of getting from one place to another, he seems to do it just because he's irritated with being on the floor. He can move quite quickly from one side of a room to the other, however simply by rolling over. And over. And over. Its amusing to watch him and the big kids love to see how far he can go around the room.
Speaking of my babies... They made me cry today. I am so overwhelmed by how blessed I am by them. I just can't wrap my head around how fantastic my kids are....  As I've posted before, we're learning Bible verses in the car. On the way to school, I usually quiz them over all the verses we've learned. I give them the address and the first word if they need it.... Over 20 verses without a single error... Nathan, Psalms 18:1, "i..."   Jillian, Psalms 34:1, "I will..."  Chloe, John 3:16, "For..." And on and on it goes like that... And they keep wanting to learn more. And, even better, I've been blessed to see them use what they're learning. When they are frustrated I've heard "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." (Phil. 4:13)   When they're fighting, I've heard "Bear with one another and forgive whatever grievances you have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." I can't even begin to explain how my heart swells when I see these babies learning God's Word...
And then, this morning.. I was not thrilled about getting out of my nice warm bed but Wyatt was laying in his crib talking and wanting attention. Chloe came in the bedroom and starting talking to him, telling him how much she loves him, and then she took him out into the living room where I could hear the other kids ooohhhwwwing and aaahhhwwwing over him as well. And then, to go even further, Chloe comes into the bedroom and asks where I put the diapers so that she can change him.
My daughter asked if she could change Wyatts diaper. Again, I have no words.
All I can say is, I am blessed. Blessed. Overly and abundantly blessed. I have such wonderful children.

1 comment:

theKband said...

Wow! What kids! Love the picture of them, too!