Monday, August 9, 2010

Sickness and school time

Wow. I don't have a whole lot of experience with headaches but I certainly got initiated with them yesterday and today. I had a migraine hit hard yesterday and it hasn't gone away yet. It hurts more in the light, it hurts when I move, and my stomach is upset... And its miserable!! I'm stuck at home today - I called in sick to work which is something I HATE doing. Especially when I heard the I wasn't the only one that called in today. I can get up today and work a little but then I get so sick to my stomach that I have to lay down on the couch again. And I knew that I couldn't lay down at work. So, I'm trying to get something done because I am here at home, but I also want to rest enough to be "good to go" for work tomorrow. I'm catching up on some shows that I've DVR-ed and I'm spending a lot of time on the couch.
I learned this week that I only have two papers left in order to finish my current two classes. On the other hand, I also learned that both of these papers, (one of which is extremely long) are due on Thursday. This Thursday. Like 3 days from now Thursday. So, I'm thinking that I'm going to feel well enough to write some papers today.
My kids are not suffering from any illness whatsoever. They are creating forts out of the empty boxes that I've collected for us to pack with. Jillian's fort is in her room, Nathan's is in my room and Chloe's is in Nathan's room. Lowell is going to take a couple of days off next week to clean up the garage, go to the dump and help get things started for moving. He's going to help me do some major cleaning and I'm going to pack and get somethings organized. And I'm sure we'll be doing more purging. I love purging. :)
I put two boxes in each of the kids' rooms today and they are filling up the boxes with things they are willing to pack at this point. We only have 6 weeks until we move and since they'll be starting school on the 30th, they won't be at home very much. All three kids will be gone all day. Jillian goes from 8 to 3:30 and Nathan and Chloe from 7:30 to 4. Jillian and Chloe are really looking forward to starting school but Nathan is hesitating. He's completely interested in spending time with the computer and not with school books. And he says that he doesn't like being away from his mom and dad for all the time he's at school. In the morning he complains that he doesn't want to go to school. As soon as he gets there, however, he's completely excited to see his friends and spend time learning new things.
Lowell, I'm sure, can't wait for school to start. This will be an opportunity for him to sleep for 6 hours uninterupted for the first time in months. I won't have to worry about the kids being bored or unsupervised. We've already gone shopping for their school supplies and they aren't getting a new backpack this year. All that's left is getting uniforms for everyone. As soon as we all get uniforms, I'll take a picture of my little school-uns. :)

No comments: