Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chloe Turns 8


Yesterday was Chloe's birthday. She is 8. So amazing that it was so long ago that she came into this world! She has grown into such a beautiful young lady. She is smart, funny, goofy, considerate, friendly and such a good girl. She is immediately friends with anyone she meets and leaves an impression on anyone who spends time with her. She is very emotional, feeling her world very deeply. She is empathetic of the situations of others as well as very good at thinking about the needs of other people. She fights with her siblings, and loves them deeply; she is almost always obedient, and disobeys with flair; she is too smart for her own good at times and gets herself in over her head. She is really creative - she loves to draw and color, paint, chalk or any other medium she can find to express herself. She writes adorable little stories that she illustrates and then reads to her dollies. She likes to have a clean room but doesn't like to be told to clean up. She hates to vacuum and can get herself into a complete tizzy at the idea of having to do it. She loves healthy food and will usually try anything that I put in front of her. She can be demanding and humble and also thoughtful and cruel.

I am having a hard time encapsulating her here... I don't feel like I'm doing her justice.. She is a masterpiece, crafted by God to be exactly what He wants her to be...  She is beautiful and special and wonderful... And I am so thankful that she is my OoEe.

We didn't have a party yesterday - just made dinner, cake and opened presents. She wanted a Jell-o cake so we started out with the rainbow cake mix and she chose watermelon Jell-o. Then I realized that we didn't have frosting. Off to Walgreens, where we discovered they only carry chocolate frosting. Thanks to Sharon, we ended up leaving the store with Cool-Whip and maraschino cherries. The cake ended up fantastic (much better than dinner) and she liked being part of preparing and decorating it.
We are still planning on having a large celebration after school is out and after the baby comes for both Nathan and Chloe. I'm going to be sending out the invitations this next week -- hopefully by then I'll have already had the baby and know more about how my life is progressing. Hopefully.
Lowell and I got Chloe some books including Black Beauty which I'm really excited for her to read and some clothes. She loves new clothes and looked adorable in everything! The grandma's gave her money so she is able to shop for whatever toys she wants. Auntie Leeda and Uncle Bread sent her a pillow pet. She was thrilled! :) She also got a new dress, earrings and a necklace from Mamoo along with a jump rope, yo-yo and coloring book.
When we snuggled last night, she said that she had a good birthday. I'm glad.

1 comment:

Stony and Brit said...

I don't know Chloe like you know her, but I think that is a fantastic description of your daughter--one that I think you should print and save for her. Praise God for such a wonderful blessing to your family!